In order to qualify for an EB-5 Visa, an investor has to meet one of the three requirements:
- Form a new commercial enterprise
- Purchase a troubled business
- Invest with a federally designated Regional Center
Each of these requirements have additional stipulations in order for an investor to qualify for a Green Card.
The Eb-5 Visa has many advantages such as:
- There is no Visa backlog. Since the creation of the EB-5 Program, the quota allocated to the program has never been filled. This means that investors will obtain their Visas much quicker than through other methods.
- No sponsor is needed, the EB-5 Visa depends on the amount an investor is worth and if they can invest in a project or not.
- Investors aren’t required to be a part of the daily management of a project. As a Limited Partner, investors are free to pursue other personal or business ventures.
- Unlike many other Visa programs, the EB-5 Visa has no special requirement for its investors; EB-5 investors do not need to speak English, have had any business training, or business skills. They are also not required to be continually present in the United States and can maintain personal and business relationships in their home country.
- The time an investor does spend in the United States during their conditional permanent residence as an EB-5 Immigrant